When you backup your data on the iCloud storage, you can easily restore them when you lose your iOS device. Or when you need to format your device. You can set up your new iOS devices to backup your data on iCloud or restore iCloud backup on the devices you are already using. To do any of the both is easy as we are going to illustrate in this article.
Things to Note Before Restoring Information from an iCloud Backup
Before you proceed to restore iCloud backup, you need to know the following tips;
- The first thing to know is that your settings and accounts are restored from the iCloud you choose. Your device will restart and begin to download your purchased Apple services such as music, movies, TV shows, apps, etc. Meanwhile, if your device can’t download the version of an app that was backed up, it will download the latest version.
- Also, you may be asked to enter passwords for the iTunes Store, the App Store, and the Apple Books before you can restore purchased items.
- Again, when the apps are downloading, the progress bars appear below the Home screen icon. So, to make any app a priority for downloading, just click its icon.
- Finally, to check whether the data on your device has been fully restored, go to the Settings menu, then to your name. Tap iCloud, and under the iCloud section, select iCloud Backup. If your device is still restoring, you will a message that reads: “This [device] is currently being restored and will automatically back up when it is done.”
How to Restore iCloud Backup on iOS Devices
To restore iCloud backup on your iPhone, iPad, and iPad Touch devices, kindly follow the steps below;
1. On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to the Settings > General > Software Update. If there is any newer version of the software available, follow the on-screen instruction to update it.
Note: You must have a recent backup to restore from.
2. Go to the Settings app > Your Name > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups. Click on a device from the Backup list to see the size and date of the most recent backup.
3. After selecting the device, go back to the Settings app and then select the General option. From the General section, click on the Reset button, and then select Erase all content and settings.
4. Next, go to Apps & Data screen, and select Restore from iCloud Back. After that, log in to your iCloud account immediately.
5. When you sign in, proceed to Choose Backup option. Then select from the list of available backups in iCloud which you want to restore.
Once the backup restoration is completed successfully, you can then start using your device.
iCloud Account Setup – Step-by-Step Guides For Beginners
How To Create a New Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad & MacBook
How to Set up a New iOS Device from an iCloud Backup
Now that you have seen how to restore an iCloud backup from the iOS device you are already using, let’s quickly go through how to set up a new device from an iCloud backup. To perform this action, follow these few steps;
1. Turn on your iOS device and then go to the Apps and Data screen option
2. From the Apps and Data screen, click on Restore from iCloud Backup option. Follow up by signing in to your iCloud account
3. Finally, click on the Choose Backup option. Then select from a list of available backups in iCloud that you will wish to restore in case you lose your device or want to format it.
After that, your device will be ready to restore iCloud backup anytime you wish to.
That’s all the steps you need to restore information on your iOS device from an iCloud backup.
I hope it was helpful? Feel free to leave us a reply!